David Jaffe is a sought after speaker for scholar-in-residence weekends, book talks and guest lectures. His topics range from the inner-life to peace-making to social justice, Jewish law, history and story-telling. David’s engaging style, warmth and personal stories create ideal learning environments for experienced students and beginners alike.
What People Are Saying
In the 21st century, returning to our inner lives is more important than ever and we desperately need wise spiritual guides and teachers. Bringing Rabbi David Jaffe is a grand slam! His content is rich, his demeanor is gentle, & his wisdom plants seeds in souls that bear fruits for years to come. I’d highly recommend others bring him to speak.
– Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz, President and Dean, Valley Beit Midrash
Before Rabbi Jaffe visited my community, my congregants knew little about the Musar movement and its teachings. From the moment Rabbi Jaffe opened his first lesson, my congregants were hooked. At first, they were touched by Rabbi Jaffe’s mastery of the core Musar texts and his sophisticated but graspable lecture on the history of Musar. But even more importantly, his dynamic teaching style grabbed the attention of all in the room and inspired many to initiate a personal Musar practice. I can’t thank Rabbi Jaffe enough for blessing us with this Torah!
– Rabbi Eric M. Solomon, Beth Meyer Synagogue, Raleigh, NC
List of topics
- Introduction to Mussar: Theory, History and Practice (This can be expanded to a series of classes over a weekend with a focus on specific middot).
- Spirituality and Social Change: Connecting Inner and Outer Transformation (note – these sessions are based on my book, Changing the World From the Inside Out, and can be presented as a series of classes according to different chapters including topics like Ratzon/Motivation, Choice, various Middot and Shabbat).
- Breslov spiritual practices- history, theory and practice
- Mussar and Constructive Conflict: Practical Techniques for Turning Unpleasant Disagreements into Generative Experiences
- Jewish Peacemaking: Wisdom for Transforming Conflict Between Individuals and Communities
- Holistic Learning: Integrating the Head, Heart and Hand
- Paradoxical Leadership: Three Rabbinic Stories for Balancing Communal Tensions
- Individual and Community Series: Jewish Prayer and Holidays as Training for Living Together Across Difference
- Gems of Jewish Wisdom: Forgiveness and Constructive Feedback
- 5000 Years of Jewish History on One Foot
- Why Jews Pray to the East: The Role of Israel in Jewish Consciousness
- The Yetzer Harah: Enemy or Valued Teacher?